Notifications
Clear all

2011 Mazda 3 TCM error code U0100

I'm having a problem with my 2011 Mazda 3. The car shows error code U0100 (communicating with the Transmission Control Module). I've already checked the harness and ground points, and they seem fine. I believe the problem is related to TCM itself.
I've removed the TCM ( serial number LF8M 18 9E1G) and would like to send it to you for repair (VIN number will be provided when placing the order)

Before I send it out, I have a couple of questions:
1. Would this TCM fall under the category that you can fix?
2. I noticed there's an option for a firmware update. Could you please let me know what benefits this update might bring, especially for an older car like my 2011 Mazda 3? I want to evaluate if it is worth getting the upgrade or not.
3. Are there any specific instructions on how to package and ship the TCM (Other than bubble wrap and some protection in the shipping box?)

2011 Mazda 3 TCM error code U0100
2011 Mazda 3 TCM error code U0100m
2011 Mazda 3 TCM error code U0100n
Topic starter Posted : 09/18/2023 4:06 pm
Serge - UpFix Team
Famed Member Moderator

To answer your questions:

1. Yes, we fix that TCM.
  2. The firmware update is just the latest software from Mazda so you don't potentially have the same issues. Kind of like when your computer needs an update on the software to run more efficiently like updating from windows 7 to windows 10
  3. Just package it so it doesn't get damaged during transit, yes bubble wrap is acceptable
ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/18/2023 4:12 pm
Share: