Notifications
Clear all

2007 Mercedes Benz E350 conductor plate issue

I’m trying to to see if you can help. My car is giving me the following error code P0702 and says lost communication with the TCM. U0101.Component y3/8n4 fully integrated transmission control VGS control unit is defective. It also says fault in CAN communication with control module EGS electronic transmission control or ASG automatic manual transmission. I previously sent the unit out for repair and the company said that the unit was sent back repaired. They stated the there was a software failure on the board, so the unit did not need to be opened because the hardware all tested Okay. They said usually when the computer fails, so does another part on the vehicle, and if all damage parts on the vehicle are not replaced at the same time, then the original problem may still exist, or cause damage to the computer again. Well , I said All that to say this. The problem still exist. In fact, the problem seemed to be worse than before it was supposedly fixed. I’m just trying to determine if your service is the fix I need for my car. I’m willing to send the unit to you for repair if you think that the conductor plate can be repaired. I had it checked by the dealer and they said that it was the conductor plate but they were trying to get me to fix other things which lead to a very expensive quote. At the time I had only focus in on the quote and did not focus on the fact that my conductor was in need of replacement again according to their diagnosis. Needless to say I decided to not have them repair the car at that time. I have 4 other cars to drive. I then returned to the dealer some time later for them to now say that they do not work on cars older than 10 year old. I was like what the heck! They had fixed my problem once before in the past but now won’t work on it. I hope that you can help. I would like to put this car back in service.

Thanks in advance for any insight that you may have.

2007 Mercedes Benz E350 conductor plate issue
2007 Mercedes Benz E350 conductor plate issue1
Topic starter Posted : 04/30/2024 7:33 pm
Serge - UpFix Team
Famed Member Moderator

We do repair that TCM but the issues and codes you are having are not ones listed that we service. Below is the link just in case you want to check out the service we do provide for that vehicle.

https://www.upfix.com/product/mercedes-benz-e350-2004-2016-w212-mechatronic-vgs-7229-7g-7-speed-conductor-plate-tcm-repair/
ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/30/2024 7:34 pm

Is it possible that your company can check my conductor plate and tell me if the components on the plate are faulty? Is there a way to test the unit on a bench? If so, I’m willing to pay for the service. I’m hoping that your company can repair the unit. I’m not sure what other options I may have. The dealer will not repair cars older than 10 years old. Any suggestions

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 04/30/2024 7:34 pm
Serge - UpFix Team
Famed Member Moderator

When you send in your part for repair we do test the unit before any repairs are done. If your unit is a good working unit or is not repairable then you'd only be charged a bench test fee of $39.99. If it is the repairable and we do repair the unit it will be the total cost of $349.99.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/30/2024 7:35 pm
Share: