Notifications
Clear all

2014 Audi a5 has the stop driving notice for the power steering

2014 Audi a5 has the stop driving notice for the power steering.
it was a rainy day and I did over a pretty deep puddle and I'm 98% sure that's what caused the module to not work.
I unplugged the battery for a couple hours and nothing happened.
All the fuses on the car were Working.
I tried to flash the module with a mechanic but as well nothing.
I made sure the wiring was not torn or open circuit but everything was plugged in and in great condition.
I checked if the connection of the car had power to go into the Module and it did.
so I came to conclusion that the module was fried, I bought a used one from a 2014 A6.
I plugged the module from the a6 and the Power steering came on but just for a couple minutes and then it stopped working.
I thought maybe I just need to take it to a mechanic and get it programmed to my car but the machanic stated that I have to change the whole rack and pinion with the module that has the same part number as the original I had on the car.

should I buy the whole rack n pinion with the module attached with it and same part number as the original one?

2014 Audi a5 has the stop driving notice for the power steering
2014 Audi a5 has the stop driving notice for the power steering 1
2014 Audi a5 has the stop driving notice for the power steering2
Topic starter Posted : 04/04/2024 5:52 pm
Serge - UpFix Team
Famed Member Moderator

A couple of options. 1. You can send us the original module to see if we can repair it for you. 2. You can buy a complete P/S rack assembly with a module that is recommended for your vehicle per the VIN (sometimes part numbers will change)

we do service this module https://www.upfix.com/product/audi-a5-2013-2017-power-steering-module-repair/

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/04/2024 5:54 pm
Share: