Notifications
Clear all

2014 Winnebago Vista Power Control Module needs to be repaired.

My Ford Power Control Module needs to be repaired.
My 2014 Winnebago Vista is powered by a Ford engine.
The PCM is awful, they told me. It simply shuts off while you're driving, then restarts itself before shutting off once more in a short while.

Power Control Module
Power Control Module1
Topic starter Posted : 11/30/2023 9:01 pm
Serge - UpFix Team
Famed Member Moderator

What codes is it showing on the scan tool? That should give us more info on what is going on

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/30/2023 9:02 pm

It did not display any problem codes.
The RV would be running fine, then it would, display the check engine light,
then shut off. If I would disconnect the battery, it would start up and run fine for five minutes, then shut down.
The Ford Mechanic, rode with me while his Ford laptop was connected to the RV.
It kept doing the same thing, running fine, then the engine light comes on then it shuts down. He was able to get it going with his computer, so I didn't have to disconnect the battery, (to get it to start up). He said the problem is in the PCM.
Ford no longer makes the PCM I need. The only solution is to get this one repaired.

So I ask you can you try to repair this for me?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 11/30/2023 9:02 pm
Serge - UpFix Team
Famed Member Moderator

We can most certainly do a bench test for $39 and see what's causing this issue. If we're able to repair it the cost would be $249-299 depending on the parts and labor. I'll include our mailing address below:

UpFix
4991 B U Bowman Dr Ste 100
Buford, GA 30518

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/30/2023 9:03 pm

Thanks, I'll bring it there tomorrow morning.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 11/30/2023 9:03 pm
Serge - UpFix Team
Famed Member Moderator

Sounds good, I see it was already dropped off. We'll run some tests on it and let you know if we find anything by tomorrow.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/30/2023 9:04 pm
Share: