Notifications
Clear all

2010 Lincoln MKZ PCM

Buddy

I had the wrench light on my dash a couple months ago but after I started it later it went out and it just reappeared now with the check engine light on too. The engine is hesitating,RPM's are going up and down, when I step on the gas I have little or no power. The engine is hard to start at times and also sometimes when i try to start it, it doesn't crank at all. Acting like it has a bad starter or battery but both are okay. I did a scan and the following trouble codes come up PO123,PO223,P2110,P2135,PO155,PO135    I replaced the throttle body . The accelerator pedal sensor has been changed. I also changed the upstream oxygen sensor and checked the wire harness which appeared to be fine and still no change in performance. codes remain. There are no PCM trouble codes coming up. Before I sent my PCM for repair. Do you think my problem might be a bad PCM?

2010 Lincoln MKZ PCM
2010 Lincoln MKZ PCM1
Topic starter Posted : 03/05/2024 7:35 pm
Serge - UpFix Team
Famed Member Moderator

Of the 6 codes you are getting are all of them current codes "MIL request" or just 1 or 2 of them and the rest are history codes. Have you tried to erase the codes and they keep coming back

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/05/2024 7:36 pm
Buddy

yes, they are all current codes. I have tried to erase them and they keep coming back also I tried another scan tool and beside the 6 codes it also came with the following codes P2100,P2101,P2107,P0222

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 03/05/2024 7:37 pm
Serge - UpFix Team
Famed Member Moderator

Per the codes all being current. Did you complete the full diagnostics on the codes to determine if the issue is the module

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/05/2024 7:38 pm
Buddy

I changed the throttle body, accelerator pedal sensor, oxygen sensor and check the wire harness based on what the codes were showing and the symptoms the car is showing. I'm just asking an option if it could be a troubled PCM before I send it in but I'm puzzled on what else it could be. I'm willing to send it in for repair and if its checkout good I will pay for it to be returned. If that's okay?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 03/05/2024 7:39 pm
Serge - UpFix Team
Famed Member Moderator

As a tech, after all my diagnostics were completed and if the issue was the PCM/ECM I would replace the module. Since this company can repair the PCM for you and if any issues are found the module will be repaired. If no issues are found and the module has been fully tested there might be a bench test fee if the module

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/05/2024 7:39 pm
Buddy
I will probably just send it in at this point to see if it's damaged.  The car is just acting really weird. I forgot to mention that when I turn the key to start it a lot of times it gets "stuck" and keeps cranking on its own until the car starts.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 03/05/2024 7:40 pm
Serge - UpFix Team
Famed Member Moderator

No problem we will take a look at it for you.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/05/2024 7:40 pm
Share: