Notifications
Clear all

2003 S55 AMG cluster issue

I am having some cluster issues and I am not sure what route to go. If i disconnect the cluster and the battery on the car and wait a day or so then plug it all back in it works for 10 or 15 minutes then it shuts down everything. The daytime running lights come on and some other things stop working as well. About 5 minutes later it will turn on for a moment and then back off. I have checked all the fuses and they are good and all the connections are good as well. The cluster has been to another company that said they repaired it, but it still has issues. So my question would be repair or replace. Repair is easier as I would not have to go to the dealer to have the new dash programed, but I if repaired I would like to get something more than a "yep we fixed it" report. Would like some details like "we found this was broken" not to question if work was done, but to better understand what the issue was and how it was addressed. Please let me know your thoughts and if this is a repair you can do.

Topic starter Posted : 10/17/2022 4:29 pm
Serge - UpFix Team
Famed Member Moderator

Sorry to hear you have issues with your cluster. A simple disconnect will not reset the entire system. Try doing a hard battery reset (guide attached) this will short out the entire system. We recommend checking the battery, alternator, wiring, and fuses. Below I have provided a link that goes over what we will take care of as part of the repair. It seems like you have intermittent power issues. Our service won't take care of that issue. 

upfix.com/product/mercedes-s55-2000-2006-instrument-cluster-panel-icp-repair/

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/17/2022 4:30 pm
Share: