Notifications
Clear all

2010 Mazda 5 TCM bad

i hvae a 2010 Mazda premacy with 5 speed transmission with tiptronic issue-slowing down to turn, or go over a speed bump, or come to an intersection (not stopping totally to 0 mph), then then later accelerating, the transmission is in 3rd gear. Then it lags and slowly accelerates through 15+ mph. The result: poor acceleration. When i switch to manual mode i see it is in 3rd gear? To overcome this i would have to press the gas pedal very hard for it to downshift and then it shoots. Is this normal ?

2010 Mazda 5 TCM
2010 Mazda 5 TCM 1
Topic starter Posted : 04/02/2024 6:49 pm
Serge - UpFix Team
Famed Member Moderator

It could very well be the TCM itself especially if your TCM is within the year range where the TCM is physically mounted to the transmission which for a 2010, that should be the case. This TCM is commonly known to fail due to its location.I would suggest getting your vehicle scanned with an OBDII tool that has the capability to communicate with the TCM. See what codes it's showing you and then check the link below to see if those codes match up with what we can fix. https://www.upfix.com/product/tcm-mazda-5-2007-2015-transmission-control-module-repair-tcm-tcu/

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/02/2024 6:50 pm
Share: