Notifications
Clear all

2008 Mazda 3 s TCM repair

My son purchased a repair of his TCM on his 2008 Mazda 3 in august of last year from a competitor and it has been deemed voided for some reason by them. It has been confirmed that it isn’t working by codes and symptoms. Would you still accept this module as a core if we purchased one from you guys? I hear good things about your service and don’t want to deal with the other company again. Attached is the label on his TCM. Please let me know what you can do.

Topic starter Posted : 08/02/2023 7:08 pm
Serge - UpFix Team
Famed Member Moderator

Thank you for reaching out. Sorry to hear about your TCM issues. Would you happen to have your original TCM? What codes are you getting? We are familiar with ACR and we typically, don't accept them as a core. We have a process that we go through to ensure were working with a suitable TCM to send out to someone like yourself. Below I've provided a guide for you to go through first. If you still have issues then I would say purchase an exchange with the expectation of paying full price without the core or a replacement TCM will need to be purchased elsewhere.

Please check our battery cables and grounds first then, try the hard battery reset (guide attached) with both negative and positive terminals constantly touching for 30-40min and the battery removed. If you have dark or dirty transmission fluid I recommend replacing it with fresh fluid and a new filter. Check fuses, wiring, plugs, and pins. Make sure they are free from debris, dirt, grease/oil, and battery acid. Mount the TCM to the brake lines. The heat from the transmission and the engine is usually the main culprit for the initial failure. Check your speed sensor and your oil pressure switch to the transmission as well.

Once you have completed the above steps, re-scan the car and let us know which codes came back. That'll help us know exactly what is causing the issues. Below I have both guides to assist. I highly recommend that you follow the guides step by step for the best results. Thank you.

https://forum.upfix.com/tcm/tcm-troubleshooting/

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/02/2023 7:10 pm
Share: