Notifications
Clear all

2007 Mazda 3 TCM

2007 Mazda 3 I am getting ready to pull off the TCM and get it sent over to you guys but I had a few questions:

1) What gear should my vehicle be in when I remove the tcm?
2) Do I need to disconnect the negative on my battery before pulling it off?
3) Does my e-brake need to be on or off?

I was thinking of putting the car in Neutral before removing the TCM just in case I need to move/roll it for any reason. Would this be okay to do? Or does it need to be in a specific gear?

Topic starter Posted : 04/17/2024 7:34 pm
Serge - UpFix Team
Famed Member Moderator

You can click the link below to view detailed instructions on how to remove the TCM. These instructions are for a 2007 Mazda 3, however, its the same for your 2008 vehicle.

https://forum.upfix.com/tcm/removing-the-tcm-from-a-2008-mazada-3/#post-5904

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/17/2024 7:36 pm

I have already relocated my tcm to the brake lines, but it is still downshifting gears randomly sometimes which is why I want to send it in for service. I still have the same questions about whether I can put the car in neutral and disconnect the battery before pulling it off? Since I assume I won't be able to change gears once it is pulled off.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 04/17/2024 7:37 pm
Serge - UpFix Team
Famed Member Moderator

Normally full electronic transmissions don't have a manual shift lever connected to the transmission. The vehicle will fail to safely back to the park. You can try and see if your ideal works

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/17/2024 7:37 pm
Share: