Notifications
Clear all

2002 Dodge Dakota My ABS module appears to be a problem

Dodge Dakota (2002) My ABS module looks to be defective as there is no speedometer reading and our OBD scan program is unable to obtain any ABS codes.
We now experience ABS issues after I bought a replacement from a different supplier (Cardone), albeit the speedometer is now functional. In addition to "Shorted IOS Coil Rear," it also says "Mismatch VIN," "Tire Size Error," "Teeth Count Error," and "Mismatch VIN," which is odd given that this car only has two-wheel front disc brakes.
Will the original programming of the vehicle still be present if we send in the original unit we still have to fix the speedometer circuit and any other issues? The replacement, remanufactured unit we installed seems to be inoperable because it requires extra programming. The ABS continues to chime and flash.

2002 Dodge Dakota  My ABS module
2002 Dodge Dakota  My ABS module appears to be
Topic starter Posted : 09/19/2023 3:50 pm
Serge - UpFix Team
Famed Member Moderator

You have a choice. You can have the replacement module programmed into your vehicle and that should solve your issues. Or you can send us your original module and see if we can repair it for you.

https://www.upfix.com/product/dodge-dakota-1998-2004-abs-ebcm-module-repair-service/

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/19/2023 3:51 pm
Share: