Notifications
Clear all

2012 Ram 3500 TIPM?

The HVAC blower motor on my 2012 Ram 3500 TIPM is not operating at any speed. The HVAC control panel is powered on and displays a on state. The blower and blower control module have been switched, but nothing has changed. I'm connected to the onboard computer, and as I turn the knob, I can watch the fan speed change. I bench-tested the relay first, and it passed with flying colors. I then replaced it with a brand-new relay and another one in the TIPM, but nothing changed. The blower operates if I connect a fused jumper between pins 30 and 87 on the TIPM itself. Is there anywhere else I can look to see what's happening? Will your solution resolve this problem?

2012 Ram 3500 TIPM
2012 Ram 3500 TIPM1
Topic starter Posted : 09/21/2023 5:23 pm
Serge - UpFix Team
Famed Member Moderator

Thank you for reaching out. Have you tried to swap out the CC? We repair units back to OEM specifications however I'm unsure if our service will work for your issue. We don't address those issues within the TIPM.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/21/2023 5:25 pm

If you mean climate control module on the dash, yes - I put another one in, same symptoms. It seems that the TIPM is not putting ground to the coil to energize it and make the connection between 30 and 87 to send voltage down to the blower motor.

With the software I can watch the value change as I rotate the fan knob, from 100% down to zero, each of the settings shows a reduction in fan speed percentage.

What I don't know is where pin 85 on the TIPM is going, the diagram just says "RR CTRL BLOWER SW FEED" - I do not have a separate rear controller. I'm presuming it should go to ground, but I don't want to just start probing the TIPM with a voltmeter...

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 09/21/2023 5:25 pm
Serge - UpFix Team
Famed Member Moderator

We don't fix that issue. The no. 1 fix for that is by far the blower motor resistor module. If that doesn't work then it could be damaged wiring somewhere. I'd recommend you do a continuity test from the blower motor wiring to the climate control. Also if you suspect it's the TIPM that is acting up, since it's an issue we don't support it very well could be something in the TIPM. Try to replace the TIPM and see if that resolves the issue. We can do a diagnostic on it but there's no guarantee we'd find anything

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/21/2023 5:26 pm
Share: