Notifications
Clear all

2012 Ram 1500 My TIPM is constantly draining my battery

2012 Ram 1500 My TIPM is constantly draining my battery, if I don’t start, my truck everyday it’s dead. The only thing that’s drawing power is that tipm. So my question is can your service fix that. The shop says I need a new one.

2012 Ram 1500 My TIPM
2012 Ram 1500 My TIPM1
Topic starter Posted : 01/22/2024 4:30 pm
Serge - UpFix Team
Famed Member Moderator

Do you know which harness plug in particular is causing the battery drain? I know there are several on there but there must be a faulty plug or circuit that it connects to on the TIPM that's causing the battery drain. Also, are any pins on the TIPM or harness plugs corroded?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/22/2024 4:33 pm

I just sent it to you guys today. The shop didn’t tell me which plug is causing the drain, just the tipm is my problem and the part they want to replace. I did notice a broken wire sticking out of one of the plugs in the harness, when I was taking it out… other than that there just dirty.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 01/22/2024 4:33 pm
Serge - UpFix Team
Famed Member Moderator

We'll be on the lookout for it. While it's on the way to us, make sure to address the broken wire and use an electronic plug spray that can be purchased at any auto parts store to clean all the connectors to ensure a good connection. You'll receive an email once it's arrived at our facility.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/22/2024 4:34 pm
Share: