Notifications
Clear all

2011 Mazda 3 TCM relocation

Doug-Jenn
New Member Registered

The suggestion to mount the TCM on the firewall with zip ties seemed a little too jury rigged for me. I did look into it but I was afraid the zip ties could become brittle and break putting strain on the connector and wires. Instead I put the battery box with the computers back in place and marked a spot on the side of the computer cover. Removed the battery box and computer cover marked and drilled two 1/4" holes in the computer cover. Then I put two 1/4" x 1" long bolts through the holes and fastened with hex nuts making my own standoffs. I could then reinstall the computer cover and put the battery box back in the car. I reconnected the computers, reinstalled the battery and the positive connection. Once I received the rebuilt TCM I could mount it on the standoffs, plug it in, connect the negative side of the battery and replace the battery cover all in less than 10 minutes.

The car started and all the codes and warning lights were gone. Took it for a test run confirming proper functionality. Now I just need to return the faulty TCM.

20220719 161236
20220719 161100

Topic starter Posted : 07/19/2022 8:46 pm
John Wells
Eminent Member Admin

Love the pictures!

Looks like you have purchased UpFix Exchange service, where they send you a good unit first and then you send your faulty unit back and get a core refund.

https://www.upfix.com/product/mazda-3-2006-2014-tcm-transmission-control-module-exchange/

Please use their return shipping label that is on your order confirmation page to return your faulty unit back to UpFix to get a core refund.

This post was modified 2 years ago by John Wells
ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/20/2022 3:24 pm
Share: