Notifications
Clear all

2010 Mazda 3 will not shift past 3rd gear codes, P0768 and P0773

My 2010 Mazda 3 will not shift past 3rd gear. Tried a drain and fill of the fluid, no change. Pulled the codes, P0768 and P0773 pop up. If I clear them, they come right back immediately. It goes into D and R hard, especially reverse. I have no manual control of the gear selection.

Does this sound like the TCU or should I test the wires first?

Thank you!

Topic starter Posted : 03/21/2022 4:03 pm
Serge - UpFix Team
Famed Member Moderator

I recommend checking everything before you send it in for repair. Below I have provided a guide that may help. If the guide doesn't help and you checked everything out on your end then we can move forward with the repair service.

Please try the hard battery reset first (guide attached) with both negative and positive terminals constantly touching for 30-40min and the battery removed. If you have dark or dirty transmission fluid I recommend replacing it with fresh fluid and a new filter. Check wiring, plugs, and pins. Make sure they are free from debris, dirt, grease/oil, and battery acid. Mount the TCM to the brake lines. The heat from the transmission and the engine is usually the main culprit for the initial failure. Check your speed sensor and gear select sensor\switch as well.

Once you have completed the above steps, re-scan the car and let us know which codes came back. That'll help us know exactly what is causing the issues. Below I have both guides to assist. I highly recommend that you follow the guides step by step for the best results.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/21/2022 4:04 pm
Serge - UpFix Team
Famed Member Moderator

My pleasure!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/21/2022 4:06 pm

Thank you

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 03/21/2022 6:31 pm
Share: