Notifications
Clear all

2007 SLK 350 TCM Module question

my SLK is currently in the shop. According to the scan codes, the conductor has the speed sensor. I saw that you have repaired this module, which is the course I'm taking. As I looked into it more, one website claims that the early model of the 772.9 7G tronic conductor, VGS1, which I believe I have, requires that both the conductor plate and the valve body be replaced. I have no idea why. I was just wondering if you guys had any feedback on this if I send you my conductor plate for repair, then put it back together, then have to take it apart again for the valve body.

Thanks

772.9 7G tronic conductor, VGS1
Topic starter Posted : 08/31/2023 3:32 pm
Serge - UpFix Team
Famed Member Moderator

Thank you for reaching out. The conductor plate that we rebuild, depending on the codes provided, is housed inside the valve body. You can see YouTube videos of this as well. Mechanics will also on top of the conductor plate rebuild, will replace the solenoids inside the valve body and make sure the gaskets are all good before re-mounting the 722.9 conductor plate TCM back onto the valve body. Our customers have to remove the TCM 722.9 off of the valve body and send in only the conductor plate because that's all we repair. Other parts like the valve body are mechanical parts that simply need to be cleaned/replaced and re-assembled.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/31/2023 3:39 pm
Share: