Notifications
Clear all

2004 Mercury Grand Marquis LCM issue

2004 Mercury Grand Marquis We need the 4th relay replaced to fix our issue that the back running lights will mot come on. Since you replace all 4 of the relays as stated in your yt video we know the $129.99 service is perfect for us.. but in the ordering we must choose from 4 issues: Headlights Intermittent Power Issues,
Turn Signal Issues,
Vehicle external lights stay on all the time,
Vehicle Internal lights stay on all the time.
So how do we place the order.. there is no option for "back lights not working.."
Please advise thank you.

2004 Mercury Grand Marquis  LCM
Topic starter Posted : 11/15/2023 5:39 pm
Serge - UpFix Team
Famed Member Moderator

When you say back running lights do you mean the tail lights? There are also reverse lights and brake lights. Are those functioning properly?

https://www.fixya.com/cars/t25752558-all_lights_work_but_not_tail_lights

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/15/2023 5:40 pm

Yes it's the running lights in the back only.. both are out.. (not the reverse lights, not the headlights, not the brake lights.. they all work including the blinkers work and the hazard lights work.. the map lights work..) the mechanic at the shop messed around with the LCM and they (the back running lights) worked; but said they the back running lights would probably stop working again and they did stop working again by the next day...
But when filling out the work request on your website it doesn't include indicating the backlights in the four options you can check.. I just need the service described in the video saying all four of the relays in the LCM are replaced.. should I just click the one that says "Vehicle external lights stay on all the time"? ..they don't stay on all the time but they stay off all the time.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 11/15/2023 5:41 pm
Serge - UpFix Team
Famed Member Moderator

We do replace all the relays that's correct. I've revised the wording on that listing so it should be up tomorrow. There are 4 relays. One for parking lights, one for headlights, one for interior lights, and the last one is a signal relay. If that is indeed the issue rest assured we have full bench-testing here to test for that functionality.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/15/2023 5:41 pm

parking lights: https://www.propark.com/2021/12/17/what-are-parking-lights/
tail light: https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/taillight
parking lights are not tail lights as described in the above reference.
You have added to the list of problems but there is no box to check for 'tail lights' nor 'back running lights'
These two lights in the backstay are on when the driver turns on the headlights.. they are always illuminated when the lights are on and
are red. We call them "taillights.' Which box do you think I should check?
Thank you for your assistance,

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 11/15/2023 5:42 pm
Serge - UpFix Team
Famed Member Moderator

You are correct. For peace of mind, we can refurbish the LCM for you by replacing all 4 relays. If you're still having issues then you can be rest assured that it's not the LCM at fault. I didn't add tail lights because there isn't a dedicated relay for it as I mentioned. However, there is a signal relay that possibly could affect that. Wiring and/or switch is more likely at fault. However if your LCM hasn't been rebuilt yet by now, I highly recommend getting that done to eliminate at least one part of the lighting system.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/15/2023 5:42 pm

can you estimate the turnaround time for the repair of LCM?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 11/15/2023 5:43 pm
Serge - UpFix Team
Famed Member Moderator

It'll take up to 3-5 business days however usually these can be quicker than that.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/15/2023 5:44 pm
Share: