Notifications
Clear all

U156000 DTC Driver information module lost communication with ICM

Gwistrup
New Member Registered

I have a 2015 Volvo XC60 that had a blank ICM screen (Infotainment control module). It had a bunch of U codes for loss of communication with other modules. I checked power and ground to the ICM and tested the wiring to the affected modules and the DLC. All of those checks were good. I removed the ICM and sent it to Up Fix for repair. I installed the rebuilt ICM and the screen is still blank. I now only have one communication code. U15600 loss of communication with DIM. What have I missed?  

Topic starter Posted : 05/08/2023 5:19 pm
Serge - UpFix Team
Famed Member Moderator

The repair service doesn't fix or cause any communication codes. The only possible issues would either be a wiring issue caused by no communication between the information display that we repaired and the CEM, or this unit is not the original.   If this is original unit, then you  need to check the wiring of the harness plug with ignition on and make sure they're getting 120-ohm resistance between pins 9,10 for CAN network issues.   For power - pin 8 and for ground pin 5. We fix the LCD that usually goes bad by replacing it with a brand new one.   https://www.dtcdecode.com/Volvo/CEM-U015600

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/08/2023 7:01 pm
Gwistrup
New Member Registered

I have correct power and ground as well as proper resistance at pins 9&10.  This car came from the auction but it had no evidence that anyone had switched any of the modules.  If the module is not the original, what can be done about it?  Can it be reflashed with an OEM scan tool?  

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 05/11/2023 8:26 pm
Gwistrup
New Member Registered

There is a Volvo TSB for DTC U015600.  It mentions a chip fault in the ICM.  The bulletin TJ 25872 states "Analysis has shown that this symptom is caused by a memory chip fault. Change to a new memory chip type together with an improved ICM SW has been introduced to prevent theis symptom".  Are you able to test and or replace this memory chip?

This post was modified 11 months ago by Gwistrup
ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 05/11/2023 11:27 pm
Serge - UpFix Team
Famed Member Moderator

Thank you for reaching out.  Can you post some pictures so I can see exactly what we are looking at  

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/12/2023 3:09 am
Gwistrup
New Member Registered

What would you like me to take pictures of?  The bulletin from Volvo is a PDF and I can't attach it.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 05/12/2023 1:29 pm
Serge - UpFix Team
Famed Member Moderator

Yes send it in We can certainly take a look at your  unit if it's having issues and specifically focus on that memory chip to see if that is something that is going on.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/12/2023 4:01 pm
Share: