Notifications
Clear all

2005 Chrysler 300 Instrument Cluster

Jesse Cooper
New Member Registered

I have a 2005 Chrysler 300 with two issues: 1) When I perform the self test, not all of the lights illuminate (check engine light and seat belt light for example).  2) There is a .5 Amp battery drain with the instrument cluster plugged in (with everything shut off and all doors/trunk closed).  When I disconnect the instrument cluster, the drain is almost zero.  Have you successfully repaired an instrument cluster with these issues?  Thanks in advance!

Topic starter Posted : 12/06/2021 10:57 pm
Serge - UpFix Team
Famed Member Moderator

Thank you for reaching out. Diagnostic lights are typically not repaired due to them not failing unless someone has already tampered with the unit and either removed the led light for it or covered it up. We can do a diagnostic for $39 and see if it's an issue with the IPC. If we’re able to repair it it would be $199 Here is the service link

https://www.upfix.com/product-category/repair-return/icp-instrument-cluster-repair/chrysler-icp-instrument-cluster-repair/

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/06/2021 11:55 pm
Jesse Cooper
New Member Registered

Thank you for the quick reply!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 12/07/2021 12:51 am
Serge - UpFix Team
Famed Member Moderator

You can scan for DTS codes for free at any local part stores.  Use a diagnostic scan tool to scan for codes. After you have it scanned, post the DTC codes here.

When you have codes it is easier to determine where the problem is

This post was modified 2 years ago by Serge - UpFix Team
ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/07/2021 1:05 am
Jesse Cooper
New Member Registered

I have a scan tool and have retrieved the codes.  There are a variety of ABS, SRS and drivetrain related codes, most of which are unrelated to the instrument cluster.  I am fixing those other issues now, will clear the codes and will double check the function of the instrument cluster, however, I still think there is an internal issue with the cluster based on the self-test and the battery drain.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 12/07/2021 1:01 pm
Serge - UpFix Team
Famed Member Moderator
Share: