Notifications
Clear all

2011 Ford Escape PCM is getting codes P0304 and P0204

2011 Ford Escape PCM is getting codes P0304 and P0204. I already replaced the spark plugs and coils. Can YOU clear these codes with our service?

2011 Ford Escape PCM
Topic starter Posted : 12/25/2023 8:19 pm
Serge - UpFix Team
Famed Member Moderator

The PCM is usually the last thing to fail. I've attached two screenshots of the top fixes for each of these respective codes. If you've already checked all those things and would like us to perform a diagnostic we can do that for $39. If we're able to repair it the price would be $199-249 depending on the parts and labor.

P0204(1)
P0204(2)
This post was modified 5 months ago by Serge - UpFix Team
ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/25/2023 8:28 pm
I replaced #4 injector.  It ran for 70 miles and then codes started to appear again on the same injector.  After a few days no codes appeared for 2 days in a row.  Then the same codes appeared again.

Then I replaced the connector to the #4 fuel injector.  Codes persisted.

I don't know if a new injector seal comes with the new injector.  I will check with my parts store and find out.

I replaced the spark plugs when I replaced the #4 fuel injector.

I don't know why an ignition coil failure would result in the codes I got, but I ordered complete set of ignition coils.  I could switch out #4 ignition coil and see if I get a different set of codes.

The car has 260,000 miles.

Summary:
  1. Switch out #4 ignition coil
  2. Replace #4 injector seal, if it hasn't already been done
ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 12/25/2023 8:31 pm
Serge - UpFix Team
Famed Member Moderator

If you're having misfiring issues and already checked the coil packs we can most certainly do a diagnostic and see if the coil injectors are faulty inside the PCM. You can use the link below:

https://www.upfix.com/product/ford-escape-2000-2012-ecu-pcm-computer-repair/  

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/25/2023 8:32 pm
Share: