Notifications
Clear all

2006 LEXUS GS300 ECU Programming

Nelson

2006 LEXUS GS300 I had a transmission installed and need to have my Ecu flashed or reprogrammed for the transmission. My Ecu has been tested twice from different companies and both times tested good. One suggested having it reprogrammed or flash boot. Do you offer this service?

Topic starter Posted : 05/14/2024 4:56 pm
Serge - UpFix Team
Famed Member Moderator

What codes are you currently getting? We can virginize the ECU meaning clear out data inside to it can relearn however unless the ECU is a replacement that's typically not needed. If the transmission was replaced and is the same as the original one the ECU should have no issue controlling it. Knowing what codes you're getting will let get a clear picture of the issue.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/14/2024 4:57 pm
Nelson

Getting P0751

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 05/14/2024 4:57 pm
Serge - UpFix Team
Famed Member Moderator

It might just need a re-adaptation in-vehicle with a scan tool. We can refurbish the ECU for transmission-related problems which should help with P0751 but I would check these guides first. It's possible that there is still a mechanical issue. I haven't heard of needing to reprogram the ECU to accept the new transmission unless you're referring to the re-adaptation which can only be done in the vehicle when everything is installed.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/14/2024 4:59 pm
Nelson

Thanks for the valuable information. If I decide to do the refurbish ECM I will definitely be in contact.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 05/14/2024 5:00 pm
Serge - UpFix Team
Famed Member Moderator

Sounds good we appreciate your interest in using our services.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/14/2024 5:00 pm
Share: