Lighting Control Mo...

Notifications
Clear all

Lighting Control Module 2004 Towncar

Earl Williams
Active Member Registered

My outside lights are staying on with key out of ignition. My park lamp isolation and cornering light relays also buzz. Does this sound like the Lighting control module is bad. If so I will pull it and send to you for repair.

Topic starter Posted : 01/22/2022 10:15 pm
Serge - UpFix Team
Famed Member Moderator

Thank you for contacting us. Can you use a diagnostic scan tool to scan for codes. After you have it scanned, post the DTC codes here. You can get it scanned for free at any auto parts stores. 
When you have codes it is easier to determine where the problem is

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/23/2022 1:20 am
Earl Williams
Active Member Registered

I hooked up an AutoScanner plus and did not get any error codes. I did get a message that the check engine light was malfunctioning. I'm going to pull out the LCM and send it to you folks. I talked with a Lincoln mechanic and he was 99% certain that the LCM is my problem.

This post was modified 2 years ago by Earl Williams
ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 01/23/2022 6:56 pm
Serge - UpFix Team
Famed Member Moderator

Thank you for reaching out. Yes you can send it in. If the part good you will not get charged.  Only small diagnostic fee. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/23/2022 7:25 pm
Earl Williams
Active Member Registered

Sounds good. I will send it.

Do you folks do Door control modules ?

This post was modified 2 years ago by Earl Williams
ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 01/23/2022 7:55 pm
Serge - UpFix Team
Famed Member Moderator
Posted by: @seeuy2k

Sounds good. I will send it.

Do you folks do Door control modules ?

What vehicle is this for and what is the problem that you having with this part? Do you have pictures of the part or any codes? 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/24/2022 5:18 pm
Earl Williams
Active Member Registered

Same vehicle the LCM came out of that I have sent to you. 2004 Lincoln Town Car Signature series. Hopefully the LCM is part or all of the cause of the  problems I was having. I will put it back in when I get it back. If I still have problems, I will pull the door cover off and get a picture, part number, etc. of the door control module. Some of the problems that were occurring, the locks locking and unlocking on their own when driving, Anti theft (lights and horn) going off in the middle of the night. Wife says there is a ghost but I know better. LOL. Not sure if the scanner I have is techie enough to pick up on the electrical issues. At least I am not getting any codes.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 01/26/2022 1:46 am
Serge - UpFix Team
Famed Member Moderator

Ok sounds good.  You will get a text notification as soon as we receive it

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/26/2022 2:08 am
Earl Williams
Active Member Registered

It took me a while, and a lot of troubleshooting, replacing parts etc. to figure out that you all did NOT fix my LCM. I assumed it was good when you all supposedly fixed it, but it was not. Had the same problem with my lights and relays buzzing. One of the buzzing relays was in the module that was supposedly repaired. I opened the "repaired" module and it looks like you all did a cold solder on one of the pins for one of the the relays. Spent $500.00 on a new module and now the car works fine. I thought you guys tested the module before you send them back ? Apparently not.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 02/05/2023 11:50 pm
Serge - UpFix Team
Famed Member Moderator

When did you hade this unit repaired by us? We have 1 year guarantee on all reappears that we do

This post was modified 1 year ago by Serge - UpFix Team
ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/06/2023 10:09 pm
Earl Williams
Active Member Registered

I already bought a new one, but I spent $$ and a lot of time before I borrowed a scanner to find out it was the module. I just assumed it was good since it was supposedly repaired.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 02/07/2023 2:51 am
Share: