Notifications
Clear all

2000 S10 chevy abs module code co281

Jaxon

I need to know if you can repair my Kelsey-Hayes abs module off a
2000 S10 chevy pickup it has a code of co281 not listed on your list can it be fixed I'll send you a copy of my scan data right after this text

2000 S10 chevy abs module  code co281
Topic starter Posted : 03/05/2024 5:47 pm
Serge - UpFix Team
Famed Member Moderator

The C0281 code is a GM diagnostic trouble code (DTC) that indicates an issue with the brake switch circuit. When the engine control module (ECM) detects that the brake switch circuit is open or shorted, it will store the C0281 code and turn on the ABS light. This can happen for a variety of reasons, including a malfunctioning brake switch or a problem with the wiring or connections in the brake switch circuit.
The first step in diagnosing the C0281 code is to check the brake switch. You can do this by using a multimeter to test the continuity of the brake switch. If the switch is not working properly, it will need to be replaced. Hope this helps, thank you!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/05/2024 5:48 pm
Jaxon

Okay I can take care of that that's what I thought so can you repair the module

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 03/05/2024 5:49 pm
Serge - UpFix Team
Famed Member Moderator

if there is something wrong with the switch then the code should clear on its own once the switch has been replaced. If you still need assistance, please feel free to reach back out. Thank you!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/05/2024 5:49 pm
Jaxon

yes okay I'll do that thanks for your help much appreciated

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 03/05/2024 5:50 pm
Share: