Notifications
Clear all

Dacor Mov227s u60 cooling fan error

Anthony Grisanti
New Member Registered

Just had upper relay board repaired by Upfix. Upper Oven heats up to a point then u60 cooling fan error appears and oven turns off. After clearing error message manual Output diagnostics tests on cooling fan hi and lo both work. The fan will turn on manually. Then when I exit diagnostics the u60 cooling fan error appears again when I try to use oven.

Topic starter Posted : 09/28/2023 6:17 pm
Topic Tags
Serge - UpFix Team
Famed Member Moderator

I don't think it is the circuit board if the fan comes on. I highly suspect the fan. This is a common problem for that brand. There is a Hall Effect Sensor in the fan. This measures the speed of the fan. If you would like, you can send it back in and include the fan Write a note and include your order number, please. We can test to make sure the sensor is outputting correctly.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/28/2023 7:15 pm
Anthony Grisanti
New Member Registered

can the hall sensor be repaired or do I have to get a whole new cooling fan?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 09/28/2023 9:59 pm
Serge - UpFix Team
Famed Member Moderator

If you would like, you can send it back in and include the fan with control board Write a note and include your order number, please. We can test to make sure the sensor is outputting correctly.    

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/28/2023 10:21 pm
Anthony Grisanti
New Member Registered

Ok, I removed the relay board again and the upper cooling fan. Before I send this again my wife is asking how much the diagnostic will cost?

Thanks,

Anthony Grisanti

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 10/02/2023 4:34 pm
Serge - UpFix Team
Famed Member Moderator

If you put a note with your order numbr . its free. You under warranty                                  

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/02/2023 6:14 pm
Serge - UpFix Team
Famed Member Moderator

This did end up being a hall sensor in a fan. So the fan will need to be replaced.

How I know it is bad:
Hall sensors are supplies with 5VDC on the Input and Ground. You should be able to see a volt or two on the output. Once a magnet comes close to the sensor, it outputs 5VDC. This acts as a very fast switch that gives the board a pulse of 5vdc when the sensor can tell if a magnet is near.
The customers has 0VDC at all times coming out of it.

I double checked the board, and I didn't see any issues immediately. The board is supplying the correct voltages to the sensor, it just isn't receiving a signal back.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/06/2023 5:59 pm
Share: