Notifications
Clear all

2008 H3 Hummer Odometer will not work

Eladio

2008 H3 Hummer. It had electrical problems that were later determined to be the result of a BCM that got wet due to clogged sunroof drains. I bought a new BCM that was programmed with my VIN.. Unfortunately the BCM has a lower mileage than my cluster. My understanding is the Odometer will not work until the BCM catches up in mileage. I can't get license plates or a state inspection without the odometer in working order, so the car is just parked. I read your website and I understand that both parts need to be original. Since my BCM is programmed to my car and I want to turn its mileage forward to catch up to my odometer, is that possible? If you can't do it, do you know someone who can program the correct mileage in my BCM. At this point the truck just sits collecting dust. Thanks

2008 H3 Hummer Odometer
2008 H3 Hummer Odometer1
Topic starter Posted : 11/14/2023 6:56 pm
Serge - UpFix Team
Famed Member Moderator

Thank you for reaching out. This does look like something that we service. Because the BCM is now programmed to your vin the mileage correction should work. If it was not programmed to the VIN, this would be an issue.  Below I have provided a link that can get you started on the ordering process. The link will let you know what issue will be covered under the repair. Any issues outside of the advertised will not be addressed.

A full diagnostic check should first be performed to eliminate all other possible causes for your symptoms, even if the symptoms match those specified on the common fault description. If you are not sure that this part is the cause of the fault then we recommend that you do not go ahead with this purchase and instead seek further professional advice and diagnosis.  If you have any questions, feel free to reach out. We look forward to working with you.

https://www.upfix.com/product/hummer-h3-2005-2010-odometer-mileage-adjust-correction-service/

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/14/2023 6:58 pm
Share: