Notifications
Clear all

2002 Grand Marquis LCM 1W7T-13C788-AC

I have a 2002 Grand Marquis with LCM 1W7T-13C788-AC. Headlights on with key, high beams work, horn works, brake lights work, idiot lights work. All fuses good.None of the following work: gauge lights, interior lights, tail lights, door ding with key in ignition, headlight switch has no effect, turn signals.

Topic starter Posted : 10/12/2021 4:33 pm

Thank you for the follow through on my questions. Or follow-up, whatever js most appropriate

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 10/12/2021 4:40 pm
UpFix Tech Support
Prominent Member Moderator

My pleasure!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/12/2021 4:40 pm
UpFix Tech Support

we are able to repair the LCM for your vehicle. You can click the link below to create your order on our website. The cost is $49.99 plus shipping and the turnaround time for the service is 2-3 business days. Thank you!  https://www.upfix.com/product/mercury-grand-marquis-1995-2005-light-control-module-lcm-repair/

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/12/2021 7:01 pm

I called earlier and was told my issues were not something you could address.Which puts me at risk for shipping and a $40 diagnostic fee. I am very interested in your service but am conflicted with different answers as to whether you can fix the LCM

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 10/12/2021 8:30 pm
UpFix Tech Support

There are relays inside the LCM that affect those functions you've described earlier. Now it may fix all those issues are at the very least some of them. If you receive your unit back and you're still having an issue it could be a fault somewhere in the vehicle. Poor grounding, bad fuse, etc...what we can do is a test and replace any faulty relays for this LCM so that you can have peace of mind that at least that part has been refurbished.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/12/2021 10:58 pm

I swapped it into my 03, which had the bypass module and my 03 was dead.Put my 03 module in the 02 and got most of my functions back but there are obvious year pinout differences. Plus I assume my 03 moduke is a bit haywire. So I am fairly confident the LCM from my 02 is hosed. I think I will set it up to ship to you to have the relays replaced

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 10/13/2021 12:27 am
UpFix Tech Support

No problem we can do the full rebuild on it. We always recommend sticking to the OEM part number as the part number changes might require harness re-wiring and then it's just a goose tail chase from there.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/13/2021 2:55 am

I just wanted some kind of affirmation that the LCM was at least a bulk of the culprate. So tge +-$50 cost, I believe I saw, was to replace all 4, if necessary?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 10/13/2021 4:24 am
UpFix Tech Support

Yes, we replace all the relays when they come in. That way there's no issues from the relays anymore

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/13/2021 6:52 am
Share: