2007 Toyota Camry H...

Notifications
Clear all

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid with VIN B Fifth Digit - Removing the ABS Actuator, Module and Pump Assembly to send in for rebuild

Bill Warbington
New Member Registered

The ABS in my 2007 Camry Hybrid is on its way out I believe because it is constantly trying to pressurise turning the pump on and off,even with the car off.
Researching this problem I foumd the my particular Camry Hybrid with the fiftih VIN digit B has the most expensive and complicated of all the Camry's ABS Assemblys to deal with. I found that on almost all other camry's of the same year with the same ABS problems that you can basically just remove and replace the ABS module constaining the solenoids while leaving the rest of the abs intact in the vehicle. My pump OEM part # 44510-30270 fifth ViN B is a whole other story. This whole assembly must be removed from the car which means disconnected the brake fluid lines and gets a little messy. So at this poiint the options I found to fix the abs problem are:
1. Take it to the Toyota dealership and liet them do it all, I believe the cost will start in the $1750 - $2500 area.
2. Source a used pump and then find a trusted mechanic to install for you. The cost if found on ebay started around $300 and up and local salvage yards were starting in the $400 and up.
3. You can try installing the used one yourself but this will require that you hafe accesss to Toyota Techstream Software, and OBDII Interface defice and laptop to run it on to bleeed the brakes and recalibrate the system afterwards
4. And the latest option that I just found was a company out of atlanta GA that offers to reuild the module by sending it to them with about a 10-14 day turn around. I am going to be tryimg this optoin, They charge a reasonable $199 for the service and you get your abs back rebuilt . All you have to do is remove the whole pump and send it to them. Here are the steps to remvoce the ABS Pump assembly Assembly 44510-30270 from a 2007 Camry Hybrid in order to send it to them.

You will need:
12mm Socket
10mm Flared crows foot socket
10" extention
Ratchet
Towels
Vise Grips

Fist you will want to disconnect the negative from the 12 volt battery in the tucck.
Then use your vise grips to clamp the brake fluid line coming from the reservoir to the pump.
Then use the 10mm flared crows foot socket to remove the six brake fluid lines on the top of the pump
Then use the 10mm socket to loosen the nuts on the side of the ABS pump then you will be able to lift the whole unit out of the car, wipe it down and package it to send to the company

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1T5JGmTOchay5rhYwQl2WBkHVRH5fsgte/view?usp=sharing

This topic was modified 2 years ago 2 times by Bill Warbington
Topic starter Posted : 02/11/2022 3:07 pm
John Wells
Eminent Member Admin

Very detailed instructions, amazing video!

Thank you Bill!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/13/2022 2:27 am
Serge - UpFix Team
Famed Member Moderator

Bill Thank you for the very detailed  video

Removing ABS module on 2007 Toyota Camry | ABS Actuator/Module Pump Assembly by Customer | UpFix.com - YouTube

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/15/2022 1:49 am
Share: