Notifications
Clear all

2012 Mini Cooper FRM module is "failing because of build up of electrical resistance".

Nizar

I have a question about the repair you do for the Footwell Module (FRM3). For context, I have a 2012 Mini Cooper S and after going to the dealership they told me that the FRM module is "failing because of build up of electrical resistance". Their diagnostic tools say everything is okay but the sometimes the lights do not turn on when unlocking the car. More importantly, the frameless windows have completely stopped going up/down slightly to allow access when opening the doors. However the windows go up/down correctly when using the switch from inside the car. They told me these issues are happening because the module "is failing, but has not failed completely yet".

Is this an issue that you can fix? Is the type of repair you do on the FRM3 dependent on the boxes I check when ordering the repair? For instance, the windows do seem to work when operated manually but they do not raise/drop automatically when opening the door which is a specific scenario not included on your list. Do you repair the modules completely when you receive them or only look at the issues specified by the customer? Because my dealership told me that the module is failing and the car will have more issues down the line unless the module is replaced with a completely new unit.

2012 Mini Cooper  FRM module
2012 Mini Cooper  FRM module1
2012 Mini Cooper  FRM module2
Topic starter Posted : 09/26/2023 6:58 pm
Serge - UpFix Team
Famed Member Moderator

Thank you for reaching out. This does look like something that we service, depending on your issue. Below I have provided a link that can get you started on the ordering process. The link will let you know what issue will be covered under the repair. Any issues outside of the advertised (boxes) will not be addressed.

A full diagnostic check should first be performed to eliminate all other possible causes for your symptoms, even if the symptoms match those specified on the common fault description. If you are not sure that this part is the cause of the fault then we recommend that you do not go ahead with this purchase and instead seek further professional advice and diagnosis.  If you have any questions, feel free to reach out. We look forward to working with you.

https://www.upfix.com/product/mini-cooper-2006-2015-footwell-module-frm3/

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/26/2023 6:58 pm
Share: