Notifications
Clear all

2009 335I abs Module "plug and play"?

hughdog11
New Member Registered

My module is in transit to Upfix to be repaired.  When I removed it from the car, it was necessary to remove the brake lines from the unit, to enable its removal.  When I replace the repaired part, and re-attach everything, will the brakes have to be bled?  If so is this a complicated procedure to complete?

thanks in advance

Topic starter Posted : 11/04/2021 3:06 pm
Serge - UpFix Team
Famed Member Moderator

Yes the ABS module will be plug and play when you receive it back from us. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/04/2021 3:42 pm
John T

You'll have to bleed the system twice, but it's vital to guarantee that new fluid - not used fluid - is pulled into the unit when the ABS valves (and/or pump) are cycled the following time.

With the engine turned off, firmly press the brake pedal 40 times. After the lines have been repaired, they can be manually bled with a power bleeder, injector tool, or vacuum bleeder. Leave the key off with any of these techniques to prevent the ABS pump from pressurizing the accumulator.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/05/2021 1:35 am
hughdog11
New Member Registered

thnks so much for this info....  so use the technique for each wheel and the power bleeder and do this process twice?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 11/10/2021 11:17 pm
Serge - UpFix Team
Famed Member Moderator

Their is more to it. And safety #1 If you not sure, you should see your local mechanic.  Brakes should be fixed by a professional.  We only fix electronic parts. 

Let me know if I can help you with anything else 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/10/2021 11:26 pm
Share: