Notifications
Clear all

2008 Ford Escape is throwing A U0121 "Lost communication with Anti-Lock Brake System Control Module"

Eladio

I have a 2008 Ford Escape (Limited 3.0L V6, gas only) that is throwing A U0121 "Lost communication with Anti-Lock Brake System Control Module" code. The code occurs under the PATS codes, and 4x4 control module codes.

I'm still early in the diagnostic process, but my research is suggesting that this is a very common problem on Ford Escapes and it's usually the ABS control module itself, and not the wiring harness.

I understand that if I can send you the module you will repair it and send it back to me. I am wondering if you deal with Canadian customers (i.e. will you ship to Canada?)

If yes, do you need the entire module, or can I send you the electronics box portion of it only?

And of course what will be the cost of the repair? Your website is suggesting it's ~$400 US dollars, but I'm wondering if you charge a premium if you have to ship it to Canada.

Thanks,

Topic starter Posted : 07/27/2023 4:13 pm
Serge - UpFix Team
Famed Member Moderator

You would need to only send the module and not the pump. The price listed on the website is the cost of repair then plus shipping

https://www.upfix.com/product/ford-escape-2009-2009-abs-ebcm-module-repair-service/

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/27/2023 4:16 pm
Share: