Notifications
Clear all

2004 Audi A4 ABS module

I removed the original ABS module out of my 2004 Audi A4 a few years back after it failed. After I just watched your YouTube video on your Bosch 5.7 repair process I just dremeled off the cap to confirm that there are numerous cracked bond wires. Would there be any issue with me sending in my module with the top already separated?
Thanks in advance.

Topic starter Posted : 11/08/2021 5:49 pm
UpFix Tech Support
Prominent Member Moderator

I got this from the ABS module manager(It shouldn't be a problem as long as there no damage to the gold wires and chip wires)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/08/2021 8:17 pm

The internals are 100% untouched, including the silicone goo, except for a couple of spots where I wanted to see the silver bond wires your video talked about. So I’ll start the order/shipping process today.

On another note, I had sent a note via your website asking about a custom repair request on the rear dash camera for a Blackvue DR650GW-2CH. It won’t power up even after I replaced the supercapacitor on it. I just figured since I would be sending in the ABS module maybe your folks could look at it too.

Thanks

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 11/08/2021 9:46 pm
UpFix Tech Support
Prominent Member Moderator

I don't see any problem in sending it in. They can either tell you yes or no if they can repair it.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/09/2021 12:14 am

Will do, thanks again

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 11/09/2021 1:43 am
Share: